Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When Hope and Prayer Aren't Working...

...you give up. I know I've talked about it before, but I am giving up on getting pregnant. The stress of trying to get pregnant is causing too much stress in my marriage and consumes too much of my time. I've spent the last four weeks (since my last period) accepting that a 2010 baby is not going to happen for me. It is a decision I've been facing since we started trying last spring. Now that I'm experiencing secondary, unexplained infertility and my doctor thinks fertility drugs are the answer, I am instead stepping back from the stress and medication. I hate taking even minor pain meds, so I am very cautious to jump on idea of fertility treatments. Part of me thinks that if all my prayers and the prayers of friends and family haven't helped me out, drugs certainly won't.

All of you praying for me, you can pray for me to be able to put this dream aside and find happiness in the children I have. We may try to get pregnant, later next spring, but for right now, we are preventing getting pregnant again (not that my body needs any help with that).

No comments: