Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More answers, more questions

I went to the doctor today, again, about the spotting problem. She was really great about looking at my charts and listening to every possibility for why I'm still spotting. She said that she doesn't think I have an infection because I'm not tender or sore at all. She also doesn't think I have any retained materials that the D &C may have missed. She did have my blood drawn to test for thyroid problems and for other hormone levels. If those are a problem, then we have answers and medicine to fix them. After learning how stressed out my body has been the last few weeks between sick children, being sick myself, and work, she said my body might be taking longer to "reset" because of that stress. Hopefully my family will be healthy for a while and I'll magically get grades done fast for report cards next week.
My doc also said that if the tests all come back "normal" then wait a few more weeks and see if the spotting stops. If it doesn't, then she has something for me to take that will manually hit the "reset" for my body. At least there is some help at the end of all this spotting.

The answer I was hoping for I didn't get. I asked my doc about the genetic testing and if the results were back. She said they were, but that the results were that they didn't get the baby tissue to regrow to actually do karyotype testing. So now Tony and I have no answers to all the questions that have been lurking in our minds these past six weeks. We have no answer for the "WHY???" From the beginning I didn't think anything would grow. It's tough to grow tissue that's been dead for three weeks. I was hoping/dreading getting the karyotype answers though. I wanted to know what the sex of our baby was. I wanted to name it and have some finality as to why that baby died. I was dreading the results because of the possibility of it being Turner's syndrome. If it was Turner's, Tony and I would not try for another baby.
I really want another baby. Not to replace the one that died, but to complete our family. It is just a matter of time now; for my body and mind to heal, for me to open myself up to the possibility of loss again.

No comments: