You see it? That big one, right in the middle about three feet long? Well, that is our pet icicle! Can you tell I'm tired of being snowbound already! Alicia- Your boy could really do some damage with that one! I told Colten I wanted to name it and suggested George, but Colten being himself and five suggested we name it "icicle" because we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. So we compromised and settled on "Chilly". With the warming trend "Chilly" has lots of friends hanging around, but we will see how long they all last. With more snow expected tonight it will make life here at home even more boring.In other news, Tony took the Jeep in to the mechanic today. Our mechanic determined that it was the differential (whatever that is) and that he would like us to bring it back next week when he can be sure to get parts delivered (he can't get them now because of the bad roads). I don't know how much it will cost, but it doesn't sound cheap.
Our cat also peed on the bathroom rug, the exact same spot it pooed the other night. Thank goodness the rugs are old and washable, but the kitties are now stuck outside or in the garage. No more nice mommy! Colten is upset with me because I declared it a TV free day at 8 am this morning. Yesterday we (mostly he) watched lots of TV and played the Xbox for quite a while. Today I decided I didn't want to repeat that. The TV was on only for me to get in a good workout video (trying to stay warm in the cool house), but Colten is still pestering me, and his brother. We've had more meltdowns today than all the previous days. We've played lots of games and pulled out toys that both boys like, but still he has to bother and pester Carson. He's spent more time on the stairs in time out than playing.
The dogs took off again! I can tell which direction they went by the lack of tracks in the snow, but I only let them out for a few (ok, 10) minutes and then next thing I knew, they were gone. Oh, and last thing, my parents made it out of Chicago and to Kansas City, and hope to fly in late tonight. Biggest problem for them, their luggage is still at O'Hare airport and they don't know when it will get here, or what will happen with the cooler full of 50 pounds of venison my brother got hunting in NY. At least most of those luggage storage places are unheated, so being stuck in Chicago will keep it well frozen. My folks worry most about what happens when it gets here!
No comments:
Post a Comment