Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ramblins of a snow bound mother

Yes I am snowbound. Even our new jeep with all the bad weather bells and whistles barely made it up our hill last night. As you can tell, we have well over a foot of snow and it is even more scary with the layer of frozen rain on top. Even the dogs won't go beyond our stoop right outside the slider door. The birds are enjoying the bird feeder I put out before the snow really started. We've seen up to six birds vying for space at the feeder.
There is a big fire pit buried somewhere out on this patio. You can barely see a faint circle in the background that shows where it is hidden.

This is my creative act for the day, well it was really Colten's idea. He found a picture of kitty pancakes in one of his wildlife magazines and wanted to make it this morning for breakfast. I made it, but he enjoyed it. It was a good way to start the day when daddy was sleeping in.
Since I'm snowbound and not planning to venture outside, I'm trying to keep from just sitting and being lazy inside. I've found that just makes me crankier. So the list: wash and fold the boy's laundry, dismantle and put away the high chair (Carson won't even go near it anymore), clean all the baby food related things out of my cupboards, since I won't need them anytime soon, wrap the few presents I have gotten, and start the task of cleaning out the boy's toys. This is a messy task, but it needs to be done. We've got too many broken toys or ones with lost parts. I also need to go through the toys and books and sort out the ones that are more Carson appropriate and which one's are Colten appropriate. I'm also planning to workout too and hope the boys will work off some energy with me.
In other news: we finally sold our truck. We have one less vehicle now! We sold it in the middle of a snowstorm, for quite a bit less than we wanted, but we needed to get it sold. Stranger still, we sold it to a guy named Buddy Silly, from Seattle. Sounds fishy? Yeah, we thought so too, but his cash was green and real. Now we just have to somehow get into town tomorrow and pay for the title transfer, so if Buddy wrecks in this snow, we're not on the title. Only one more vehicle to sell now.
If only my children would stop their fussing now, it might be a great day.


No comments: