Carson is such a different child from what Colten was like at 19 months! This last week Carson has learned to turn on the TV with the remote and turn the volume to the loudest setting. He is also skilled at turning on the new Xbox with the controller, even when the doors to the cabinet are closed. Carson's new language skills include two word sentences, like "shoes on!" and "juice please." He is also very good at assuming everything is "mine!" This makes live more interesting with big brother and all the toys.
Today the boys were fussing around with the toys and I got fed up and told them both to go to there rooms. Both boys did as I asked, and mellowed out. Carson locked his bedroom door. He'd locked my bedroom door this morning, but I had thought it was an accident. So there I was downstairs getting dinner ready, yelling upstairs for Colten to open Carson's door and come down for dinner. Colten was yelling back that the door was stuck and wouldn't open. The kid locked it. He was just fine hanging out in his room with his toys. Fortunately, our doors are the kind of locking doors that have the hole in the handle and to unlock it you put something small through the hole. We have discovered that the stick on a Q-tip was just the perfect size and strength to unlock the door. We will be fine as long as Carson doesn't lock us out of our bathroom now.
The weather was great today so Tony took my boys outside to pick up leaves. Colten has quite a collection of maple leaves drying in the garage. He won't let up put them outside or move them. He wants them to stay in the garage and be warm and dry. Carson was just having fun playing in the dirt and chasing the kitties. It was good to see my boys out playing in the sun. I know we won't have it around much longer to enjoy.
1 comment:
This is exactly why I'm very thankful that we only have locks on "important" doors - bathroom and the master bedroom ... but it's really a problem when the kids go to the bathroom and lock the door and then yell "I need help!" Don't lock the door kid! :)
Post a Comment