Well, the dogs showed up at my parent's house this morning; hungry, tired, and stinky. They reeked of skunk, or at least Buddy did. They spent the day in misery chained up while Tony and I ran our errands. We got to bathe Buddy tonight for the stink. It helped, but there is still a strong lingering aroma about him.
As I was giving Carson a bath tonight he decided to pee in the bathtub. This is a common occurrence, but the amazing thing is that he told me "Potty!" while doing it. I pulled out the little potty seat we used to train Colten and Carson spent 15 minutes sitting on it, pretending to pull his pants on and off. It was cute! I'm hoping he'll get into it and we can get him out of diapers. Less laundry for me then!
I went to the chiropractor again today. He was amazed by the improvement, and so was I. I fell asleep and slept for 6+ hours last night without interruptions, drug free! I was up early (4:45) this morning, but have seemed to have energy all day. The back cracker said that I just need to come in for one last adjustment next week to work out any kinks, and I'm good to go. I haven't had this much energy in a month. I realize that about the time the baby must have died, my body and mind started dragging. It was the time that my kids were sick and I was stressed out with school and outdoor school. Now, I feel like I can accomplish all the work that needs to be done, and there is lots of it to do! It's almost like reverse nesting, I notice every window smudge, cobweb, paint chip, and dirt smudge in my house! I feel like I need another week to get my house put back together, but I'm back to work tomorrow.
I met with a good girlfriend of mine today for coffee. She has always had rough pregnancies. She usually knows she's expecting from throwing up everyday, but she never makes enough hormone to show up on a test. She's had some miscarriages in the past, but thinks she's about 14 weeks along this time. Her doc thinks it might be a thyroid problem and has run blood tests, but forgot to do a blood preg. test. The girlfriend goes in again Thursday and please pray that the doc is convinced it's not in her imagination. My friend is praying for an ultrasound that shows a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat. She could use some positive prayer sent her way.
This will likely be my last post for a while. Now that I'm back to work tomorrow I'll be spending less time blogging and more time entering grades. It's strange how in the space of a week this blog has become my thoughts and feelings, not just what the family was up to that week. It is truly a blog with the good, bad, and venting in it.
1 comment:
You have a very generous spirit to be with your preg. girlfriend. I'm sure you provided her with lots of support.
And poor doggies
Post a Comment