the "Twilight" saga of books. I got hooked because over 1/2 my students are reading them. "Santa" gave me the first book for Christmas and I had to stop by the bookstore and get the second one just a few days later. 8 hours later I finished "New Moon" the second book and was CRAVING the rest! I checked on Amazon to order the entire set, but it would be 4-7 weeks for delivery and I wasn't willing to wait that long. Thank goodness I have a great librarian who got me both books my first day back from break! I just finished "Breaking Dawn" the fourth book a little bit ago. I know I'll break down and buy #3 & #4.
Now I just need to find something else to read that sucks me into the story as much as these. It's strange because even when I wasn't reading the books I would be thinking about the characters and working out their problems in my mind. It's been a while since a book has done that. The last one I remember was the "Harry Potter" series. I will have to see the movie now. Maybe I can convince Tony to go with me, or maybe I'll take a night and go alone! I know I can't wait until it is out on DVD though, I need to experience it all in the theater.
I'm trying to do school work, but my stupid computer won't remember me! I started it up like always, and then I got a message about how it can't connect to my original profile! So there goes all my access to my school work, music, photos, school email, and my GRADEBOOK!!! I've emailed my tech guy, but he's recovering from the flu and probably won't check it until tomorrow morning! I NEED to do some work tonight, and now I can't even correct papers because I'm worried over the computer.
There is some good news to this, I did back up all my work before break so I would only be out the things I created and entered this past week. That I can live with, but what I can't live with is losing my laptop for an extended period of time if it can't be fixed by my techie! It is sad how depended we are upon technology in our society, but it is so much fun being so connected all the time, especially out here in the boonies!
No comments:
Post a Comment