Today is my last official day of vacation. I know there are two more days left until I go back to work, but it is still a little shocking. I had plans, big plans for all the things I would get done this break. Most of those plans involved working outside in my flowerbeds. I didn't touch them! All the snow and cold temps kept that from happening. I did get Carson's too small clothes put away in the attic yesterday. My mom got me some of those space bags that you vacuum the air out of, and they work great for putting all the clothes in. I didn't use them all, but I did use 8 bags to pack stuff in. The packages were a little awkward to stack in the attic, but they were easier to lift and move than the big diaper boxes I usually pack things in.
Many things still need to be done. I need to put all the Christmas decorations away and write thank you cards for all those gifts from people. I need to correct papers and get to work on school work, but that will likely be done Sunday.
We got propane today!!! I was so happy to see the delivery truck come up our hill. The driver didn't think he could back down the driveway so he parked on the hill and pulled the hose through the trees. It is so nice not to worry about the heat and if the tank will run out or needing to fill the small tanks every other day. This tank should last us until March if we keep using like we have. Hopefully it won't snow too much in March so we can get our delivery on time.
The boys and I were out playing in the snow. Colten loves playing in it, but Carson still just stood and cried. He even started crying before going outside this time. He trips on things hidden in the snow and gets so mad when he falls. He did enjoy holding my hand and walking around for a bit.
Tonight the family is all going to the Spanaway park lights. We got a free ticket in from a friend and even though it is a drive for us, it should be fun, especially since we didn't get to drive around and look at lights on Christmas Eve.
Now that all the holidays are over I've got to get focused back on work. I like how we have intermittent three day weekends or more each month until the end of the school year. Of course my year is now three days longer due to snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment