Sunday, January 11, 2009

Got a Lovey?

We lost the loveys. The pale green blankets that Carson can't sleep without. Carson had the loveys after his nap yesterday, and when we were getting ready to head to dinner at a friend's, we couldn't find them...anywhere!

The search was FRANTIC!! We (mostly Tony and I) looked everywhere in the house. We even dumped out the dirty clothes and searched, but no lovey. Colten has a habit of hiding the loveys and then not telling us where they are. Because of Colten's language problems, it is difficult to know if he is telling the truth, or just telling us what he thinks we want to hear. He did try and search, but that is about as useful as having Carson look.
We continued to our friend's, without the precious lovey, and survived the long drive and our child getting hurt jumping off the couch. Carson even survived the long night with his substitute lovey, but he wasn't happy about it. He knew right away that his "real" loveys were not with him to sleep.

Carson was up bright and early this morning, ready to start his day, a little cranky and coughy, but fine. He found his own loveys! They were wadded up and closed in Colten's metal lunchbox! Tony and I speculated over who could have put them there, but I'm thinking it was Carson. He found them when he wanted to. Now I just need to get them washed, then I can hide one for the next time we lose one.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Sounds like a little girl I know and her bunny.

Bunny used to be stuffed in all sorts of places - bookcases, metal boxes ... and two frantic parents trying to find it, because the two 'imposter' bunnies would do no good.

Over the last six months or so, we have outgrown the need to have Bunny with us at all time. So now it doesn't quite matter as much if Bunny is hiding for a while.

Jenny said...

Whew! And poor Colton! Hope he got a big hug since it sounds like that Carson played a trick on you.