Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hey, I remember you!!

After nearly three years of silence, I got in touch again this week with one of my best college friends. She was my roommate for a semester sophomore year, and a dear friend all the rest of the time. She was the maid of honor in my wedding, and I was a bridesmaid in hers. We lost touch three years ago. So much was going on; her divorce and grad school, my kid and grad school, life got too busy to keep up. We connected though, thanks to Google and Facebook.

I called Nicole last night and we ended up talking for 1 1/2 hours! It was great to hear how well she is doing, and to talk with someone who is grieving this season. I was amazed at how after so long, we still had things in common and a wonderful sense of love and support. That is true friendship, one that can endure a three year gap! I didn't get much sleep, I've been averaging 4-5 hours a night, and if you know me I need at least 8 to function. I planned to go to bed early last night, but was up late talking, and I didn't care. Our re-connection left me with a sense of peace to go to sleep, until the alarm this morning.

I also got friend requests from some people I haven't seen in over 10 years. It was intriguing to get the request from former boyfriends. I haven't commented or chatted with him much, but still, I was amazed at how much people change, and yet look the same, ten years later.

In other news, the Jeep went to the dealer today to get fixed. Our mechanic didn't want to mess with the electronic transmission and told us to take it to the dealer, but thankfully the warranty is still good on it! I am happy about that!

I really needed the Jeep to get out of the boonies today. Water was flowing fast and furious in seven places on the road. One place not far from our house is a field that always floods, and deep. It was so deep I couldn't see the road stripes! I called Tony and told him that he needed to go around (10 min out of the way) to get to the sitters and not to take my little Honda through it. He was frustrated with the detour, but I don't think my car would have crossed it and not gotten bogged.

Things are getting back to normal and better around the house now that we're all back from vacation. Of course, Colten didn't have school today so that might wind him up. Now if only I can get some solid hours of sleep.

No comments: