How could I have missed the one year anniversary of my blog? I've thought about it for days, but here I am a week later just now remebering it! My only excuse is that things have been very busy around here these last few weeks and I just didn't get to it.
So very much has happened in the last year, some good, some bad, some ugly moment, but here I am. If anything has happened I have become more reflective in my blogs, posting more than just family pictures and happenings. It has been interesting looking back over my old posts and seeing how much my family has grown.
As frustrating as parenting is at times, I am always surprised how fast my boys grow and worry about all the things I've missed. I'm trying to focus on more patience and understanding. I think I'm doing better, but you know how we moms all are, always wanting to be perfect.
My hopes for this next year are that things will only get better: my boys will stay healthy and happy, my husband stays busy, and that I'll be pregnant sometime in the next 11 months. Most of all, I look forward to being happy again.
1 comment:
Hey Em,
I've never lived through a miscarriage, and I certainly haven't had the year you've had (though I've had some ups and downs myself), but one thing I can tell you is that if you WANT to be happy, all you have to do is decide to be happy. We wake up every morning with a choice about how we want to react to our day. We may not be able to control everything in life, but we can control our reaction to it.
One of the best therapies I went through after my dad died, I created myself (or at least, I like to think I created it, I hadn't heard of it prior to this). I called it smile therapy. All I did, was when I came across someone in passing, whether or not I knew them, I would smile at them. Maybe even add a "hi" in there. The cool thing was, they most usually would smile back. Little by little, that made me feel better, and alas, even happy that I was still on the earth and able to enjoy my family and friends, and strangers smiling at me. It's not much, and it's a process, but it's a fantastic jump start to Happy Land! Just thought I'd share!
Kristy
Post a Comment