Monday, January 19, 2009

Twilight

I always find it interesting to watch a movie based on the books I've read and compare my vision of the characters and all to the director's. Twilight was pretty good. I've read the books so I could tell the differences between them while watching. The acting and screen play were pretty standard, nothing really special, but it was a nice sappy chick flick. Some of the characters didn't look a thing like I had anticipated. Being from Washington state and around Native American tribes you can really tell that the Quileute tribal members in the movie were over done. The long hair and very distinct features, most tribal members around here aren't that noticeable. I also thought that some of the "vampire" scenes, you know the ones with the naive girl and the vampire biting her neck... those scenes were cheesy in my mind. I thought the books were much better at explaining all the intricacies of Bella's mind and the vampire life as well. My brother's girlfriend enjoyed the movie and is borrowing my copy of "Twilight" to read. I have to admit that the actor who plays Edward is pretty cute, even if he is supposed to be only 17 in the story!

I also finished reading the unpublished 5th book in the series, "Midnight Sun" today. One of the drafts of the story somehow got posted on the Internet and to prevent too much panic and searching for illegal copies posted, the author, Stephanie Meyer, posted one rough draft on her official website. It was 264 pages long! The biggest bummer is that since the unauthorized posting she has refused to work on finishing the story! She states that she is so infuriated by the draft being illegally released that she is taking time away from the story and doesn't know if she will ever finish it. If she does, she said that she will purposefully make it very different from the posted drafts so that her fans have a completely new story to follow. My biggest frustration was after reading all those pages and having to stop in the middle of the story! There wasn't anything left to read!

No comments: