Sunday, January 18, 2009

He (we) survived

Colten had a wonderful time at his sleepover. He had no problems what so ever and had lots of fun. Keaton's mom even took all these pictures and typed up a letter from Colten describing what they did. The boys went to the beach to look for crabs, went fishing, watched a movie, painted pictures, played: hide and seek, jets, race cars, and even took a bath. They were both asleep by 8:30 and up at 6:00am. Now we get to reciprocate and have Keaton over for a sleepover here! I don't know when, but the boys probably will want it to be sometime soon.
This is my new hair. I know, it looks similar to the old, but my highlights are stronger now and more noticeable. I also got a trim too.

Today is finally nice out. No fog or clouds, and the view of the mountain is beautiful! It always looks best with a fresh layer of snow and sunshine. After I finish this I'm headed outside to work in my flowerbeds. I can't excuse myself for having messy flowers if I don't take advantage of days like today. I'm cutting back all the dead plants, labeling what I still remember being in the ground, and pulling all the weeds I can at the same time. I keep telling myself that more work now in the cold will mean less work later in the spring, and that would be nice. It's also a good workout so I'll stay warm. Tony's taking watch of the boys tonight so I get some girl time and a nice chick flick in.
I made it through church fine today, I was in the toddler room with Carson! It was rough for Tony though. Some people in our church are on the local Crisis Pregnancy Center board and were showing a video of what they do. My OB is one of the docs for the clinic. Tony said it was tough to watch and everyone was tearing up. I'm glad I was hanging with a bunch of toddlers! More people are pregnant at church now, but I was fine with the new babies. It is only the bellies that still bother me. I'm hoping I can only keep getting better at dealing with this and will only be thinking happy thoughts when I see pregnant women.
Tony and I did talk more about how we are at opposites of when to get pregnant again. Him-never, Me- NOW! We are trying to work our way to a compromise of sometime in the next year. It still is difficult to be patient with each other though.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah, I never liked the bellies much either. It's OK. I went the opposite route from you, though :) I just kept thinking "Damn bellies!"

Barb said...

beautiful hair style, Em - much like mine - well, when i style it!!

xo
love,
Aunt Barb